Since your smile is the first thing other people notice about you, make sure it gives a good impression. If your teeth are not white, are decayed, or there’s other problems, you may not have as much confidence, either. It is hard to like the person you see in the mirror if you dislike your teeth. But you can maintain pearly white teeth with the five tips below. Use this information to maintain healthy teeth.
1. Brush Twice Per Day: The best way to keep your teeth clean and healthy is to brush every day, twice per day, for two minutes. Use a middle-bristle or soft-bristle toothbrush and circular motions, making sure to never scrub. Brush the back of the teeth as well as the gums and your tongue to remove bad breath bacteria.
2. Flossing is Important: Treat flossing as a secondary brushing and make sure to floss your teeth every time you nurse. Flossing removes particles that are stuck between the teeth that bushing did not remove.
3. Drink Water: Colas, fruit juices, and other drinks harm the enamel on the teeth, especially if it is not removed immediately after consumption. Make water your drink of choice to ensure pearly white, beautiful teeth. Water has tons of benefits to the body, which makes the benefits even greater when you replace juice, cola, tea, etc. with water.
4. Limit Acidic Foods: Acidic foods wear down the enamel on the teeth. Once it’s gone, it is gone. Tomatoes, oranges, and many other foods are considered bad for your oral health and your teeth.
5. Visit the Dentist: Every six months, schedule an appointment with your dentist. He’ll examine your teeth and provide a teeth cleaning. The exam reveals problems before they become really bad so this can save you from extreme problems like dental extraction in Austin.